At Louise Mulgrew Designs, we are committed to reducing our impact on the planet. From the materials and printers we use, to the dispatching of orders and our administration work, we try and take everything into consideration. As an animal-loving paper enterprise, we are taking steps to restore and give back to our beautiful planet. As of December 2018, we have partnered with the not-for-profit organization, Eden Reforestation Projects, who are recognized as one of the most cost-effective reforestation projects on the planet. Visit our ‘GIVING’ page to learn more.
CARDS & PRINTS
- All printed on FSC certified board.
- Our cards do not have any finishings or embellishments so they are easily recyclable (but why not re-use the cards as lovely prints around the home or as bookmarks first?!)
- Cards are digitally printed, locally in the UK.
- Digital presses do not emit harmful emissions as films. Spray powders or cleaning solvents are not used and they do not have the same solid waste disposal as their offset counterparts.
- Louise paints onto an FSC-certified, 300gsm, acid free watercolour paper.
- Materials include, watercolour, gouache, acrylic and drawing ink.
- Our Kraft envelopes are made from FSC certified, recycled paper.
- Our coloured envelopes are made from FSC certified paper.
- All of our envelopes are easily recycled.
- We currently use 30-Micron Polypropylene cellophane bags which can be recycled through council refuse collection facilities.
- Recent environmental concerns have led to an interest in biodegradable and compostable alternatives. Unfortunately, the film will not necessarily biodegrade when placed in landfill due to the absence of oxygen so these bags would need to be composted correctly. The very short ‘shelf-life’ on these bags could also create a huge amount of waste if cards and bags begin to disintegrate before they are sold.
- We are excited to keep up to date with the industry’s developments here, with some large supermarkets going ‘naked’ on many of their cards. We hope this soon might be an option for us too.
- We are a paperless office; our work is computer/web-based including digital file sharing and using online accounting software.
- We use recyclable cardboard boxes.
- All orders are packaged and dispatched in the UK.
- Some of our discontinued cards are distributed to a few local hospices. These hospices are not charity shops or in any way in competition with high street shops.
We are always looking for ways to improve our environmental footprint and are always open to suggestions and ideas. If you have any comments or thoughts, we would love to hear from you.