As an animal-loving paper enterprise, our designs are a celebration of nature, wildlife and all its diversity. We care very much about our beautiful planet and are committed as a company, to constantly improving our environmental impact in every way that we can.
We are a product-based business, so our focus is on sourcing sustainable materials, manufacturing locally and using eco-friendly, plastic-free packaging. We work with a variety of small UK-based businesses for all aspects of our production, from our luxury board that is made in a paper mill in the Lake District, to our amazing local litho and digital printing suppliers to our family-run fulfilment and distribution centre who pack each of our wholesale orders by hand in Gloucestershire.
We are also proud to support Eden Reforestation Projects and the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. You can read more about both partnerships on our Giving Back Page.
FSC-certified Board and Envelopes
- All of our cards and paper products are printed onto luxury 300gsm, FSC-certified boards.
- Our board is produced by a paper mill in the Lake District, UK.
- The majority of our envelopes are made using recycled FSC-certified Fleck Kraft paper, but where we use virgin-pulp coloured envelopes, they are also always FSC-certified.
- We hope our cards might find a special place to live in their recipients’ homes, but they are also 100% recyclable.
(Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified products certify that wood, paper and other forest products are made with materials from well-managed forests and/or recycled sources).
Zero Foil to Landfill
A large majority of our cards are printed without any additional finishes such as glitter, foil and gems to reduce waste and to ensure our cards are fully recyclable. However, in January we launched two new ranges with luxury gold foil finishing and if I do say so myself, it looks very special. As the foil covers less than 30% of the surface area of the card and the board is re-pulpable, our cards are still 100% recyclable and each have the Recycle Me logo on the back of the card for clarity.
Our foil supplier is the first foil company to be certified as ZeroFoil2Landfill compliant. Using a specialist waste management company, they work alongside our printers to recover their own foil waste, which is converted into SRF – a higher quality and more environmentally friendly alternative to fossil fuels.
Plastic Free Packaging
- All cards printed since January 2020 are now packaged plastic-free.
- For our wholesale customers, we use a paper card clasp to hold the card and envelope together, and to prevent them being separated on shop shelves. Cards are grouped in sixes and for now, are grouped with a plastic cello bag which we feel is still necessary so that the cards arrive in perfect condition but are looking into alternative solutions.
- When you buy cards directly from our website, individual cards and envelopes are package-free, and if you order more than one card, they are packaged in groups with a paper ‘belly band’.
Plastic Free Outer Packaging
- Both wholesale, and retail orders are dispatched without any excess plastic packaging.
- Wholesale orders are dispatched from our fulfilment centre in cardboard boxes, paper tape and recycled paper padding, all of which are fully recyclable or can be repurposed, used as packaging or for shop storage.
- We pack all website orders in our Brighton-based studio, using A Plastic Planet Plastic Free-certified mailers.
- Our branding stickers are made from recycled paper and are plastic free.