We are recruiting to fill an exciting position in our small business, working in our studio in Old Steine Gardens, Brighton. We are a close-knit team and it is important we find similarly passionate, enthusiastic and proactive individuals who are team players and love to make a big contribution in a small team.
PART TIME BOOKKEEPER/ACCOUNTANT
We are looking for a part time bookkeeper/accountant to replace my Dad who insists he still wants to retire. Dad's are big boots to fill, but we're confident there will be someone out there who has a similar obsession with accuracy and a fanatical attention to detail.
The role will include
- Processing, validating and authorising supplier invoices on Xero
- Reviewing and authorising employee expense claims once submitted
- Supplier invoice queries and statements
- Generating scheduled bank payment runs and ad hoc payments
- Reconciling payments to Xero generated bank entries
- Bank to Xero reconciliation, maintenance of bank feeds, and intra account transfers
- Preparing monthly EC sales lists and quarterly VAT returns for submission to HMRC
- Supplying external accountants with required statutory accounts information
- Producing various monthly and quarterly analyses to ensure effective financial control over the sales order invoicing process
- Calculating the quarterly charitable sponsorship agreement payments
- Implementing and monitoring relevant customer credit limits
- Ad hoc control activities and advice
- Producing monthly analysis of income from various sales channels
- Producing monthly P&L forecast
- Ad hoc information to help support effective decision making
Essential Skills and Experience
- AAT qualified or similar
- 2 years experience working in a Financial Control position
- Experience of transaction processing using web-based accounting systems such as Xero
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and VAT regulations
- Experience of financial control frameworks and procedures
- IT savvy with advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP and other formula) plus use of Mac technology
- Self-sufficient while also being able to contribute as part of a small team
- Accuracy as well as excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in building rapport with others
- Highly organised, and proactive
Preferable skills but not essential
- Experience of a small company environment
- Experience using Xero
Salary Range: £30,000 per year pro rata.
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Please send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 23/10/2020
We're excited to receive your application!!
Louise and Cait.